Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Emotional eating, Toxic behavior, and Lightbulb moment

I have never been skinny or fit. Ive always been overweight. I remember being bullied and being a doormat. My personality though, that was big in a good way of course. I was always the happy funny one. Ironic; because i recall being sad all the time.

I never realized that years of repressed feelings would manifest into EMOTIONAL EATING. Looking back now there were many clear signs; binge eating after crying, eating when i was nervous or bored, eating to avoid confrontation. I ballooned to 270lbs in high school. I hid my body under baggy jackets and sweaters(in hot texas weather no less). I was never really happy i felt alone even amongst "friends".

After high school things stayed the same. I moved away had to boys and began working full time graveyard shift at a factory. 72hrs a week 2-3hrs sleep max left me with little to no time to workout much less to eat healthy. I mostly ate vending machine junk.i gained more weight and was now at 315lbs. Morbidly Obese.

I i remember the day i stepped on the scale and saw that weight. It was a shipping scale which measured massive weights it was located in the walkway to the breakroom above the wall. When i stepped on and my weight displayed like a spotlight for everyone to see i felt so disgusted with myself.  For the first time i realized how enormous i had become. I knew right then and there my life had to change.

In December of 2013 i started moving more, going to the park, using stairs, parking further away, climbing up and down hills with my kids. I made small changes in my eating habits and lost 17lbs and was now at 298lbs. I was blown away if i lost this much weight with minimal effort; imagine what would happen of i REALLY tried.

And so the journey began now i am at 289lbs and now im REALLY TRYING

No comments:

Post a Comment